Tuesday, January 26, 2010

how many random unrelated posts do you want?

Uh, yeah, and another thing. Since I drew you all into my life drahhhhmmmaaa, I need to update. D's dad is doing a little better. He's been off the vent since Friday, and is now conscious and talking for brief periods of time. A few minutes or so. However, I guess his girlfriend was extremely upset because he didn't know who she was. He did apparently know his sister, or was at least able to remember after being told. "S, this is J." And then, "Who am I?" "J" But even after being told K was K, he denied she was his girlfriend. J thought this was pretty funny, especially in light of K being a big pain in the ass.

Plus, you gotta laugh, or you'll cry.

Anyway, since I'm going to M2's house this afternoon, I thought I'd drop by the hospital afterwards for a few minutes since I'll be in town. It'd be kind of awesome if S thought *I* was his girlfriend because he thinks it's 1983. Ha! But I think that only happens to coma victims on the soaps and in Oliver Sacks' books. I think.

xoxo

6 comments:

Craig H said...

I'm hoping, if I ever end up on a ventilator, I'll have the presence of mind to swear I couldn't recognize my ex...

malevolent andrea said...

1.) Do you think she'll visit?

2.) Are suggesting S should deny recognizing me? Because--and I know the workings of the male mind will forever remain shrouded in mystery to me--I'm thinking you'd want to claim the ex-wife with the big rack and the beautiful new highlights.

Craig H said...

That's just it--my ex has neither a big rack nor beautiful new highlights.

I'm just suggesting that it occurs to me that the opportunity exists to use near-death ICU experiences to retrospectively clean up ones relationship faux pas'. You I'm expecting I'd mistake for Rebecca De Mornay and then try to ask for an autograph. (Unless or until Carla Bruni gets on the copper red bandwagon).

Uncle said...

These insights hadn't occurred to me, but I'm taking notes because, on average, I'm a damn sight closer to the ventilator world than any of you.

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I assent to but I dream the brief should secure more info then it has.