Monday, January 4, 2010

the back-to-reality post

Not really, because I still have two docs on vacation, which lends something of a lingering holiday flavor to the office, and because my Christmas decorations at home are still up. Shut up. I promised yesterday's dinner guest I would not take anything down till she saw it all. Now, however, that excuse is gone, so tonight fer sure. And if it's not tonight fer sure, y'all will never know, so whatever. No, seriously, I'ma do it! The lights on the back deck might just stay there, though, 'cause there's a lot of snow out there. I'm sure it will melt at some point.

Anyway. Now we just have to get through ten more weeks of winter and everything will be fab. I myself am wearing a dress today to counteract the four days last week I wore sweatpants. That's how it works, you know. I did the mathematical calculations, and one day of wearing a skirt in January nullifies four days of sweats. Truth.

In other news, I cancelled and did not resched Wednesday's appointment with eye guy. I'll live with the .1% chance my thin optic nerve is something to worry about. In other, other news, you know what happened to me yesterday that has never happened before? While I was cooking for company, no less? I exploded a baked potato! It had holes poked in it and everything, because, seriously, I'm not *that* stupid. But I was checking them to see if it was time for them to come out, and I gave it a lil squeeze, as you do, and the thing fucking exploded. What a mess. It was kind of hilarious, but it was a mess.

New paragraph! In yoga news, I think it's working. When I was getting dressed for work today, I went into the giant Rubbermaid tub I have in my closet with various out-of-season and not-worn-often clothes in it, because I was absolutely positive I had a pair of brown tights. (I do!) But while I was in there, I came across this really cute pair of jeans I bought last year around this time on super-clearance, then never wore. Mainly because they're too long even with heels and I never got them hemmed. But also because the last time I tried them on, they were too tight. They aren't now--they look cute--even though I just spent the last week eating the way you would expect a person who's wearing sweatpants to eat. I'm convinced it's because the yoga stretches out my QLs, giving me more space between my rib cage and my pelvis, thus making me look leaner. Not lean, mind you, but leaner. So I guess I should break down and get those jeans hemmed.

In Buddhist news, I think this meditation shit is actually making me happier. Either that or the pharmaceuticals are working. Ahem.

Namaste.

xoxo

No comments: