Thursday, January 28, 2010

8 questions for our times

1.) Did my dad throw away a freakin $300 check that he cannot find? (Sigh.)

2.) Did my ex-husband mean every(or any)thing he said to me the other night? (Oh, yeah, he was awake, alert, knew it was not 1983, and is sorry for every bad thing he has ever done. Near death experience n' all, y'all.)

3.) In the Jay-Z song "99 Problems" (oh, Andrea), the chorus of which goes (in case you don't remember 2004)
If you're havin girl problems
I feel bad for you, son,
I got 99 problems
but a bitch ain't one
and one verse ends with the line, "We'll see how smart you are when the canines come", do you think the play on words is intentional? (I prefer to think it is!)

4.) Why do I think anyone cares about what I'm listening to on my iPod while I'm typing?

5.) Why was I worried about D switching to the psych nurse practitioner? (She's far smarter and on top of things than that cute little Indian psychiatrist who obviously graduated in the bottom third of her med school class ever was.)

6.) What does the "warrior card" from PF Changs they sent me in the mail entitle me to? (It better be a free order of those tempura-ish string beans. Or alcohol.)

7.) Why did I just pause to consider how Mr Barma would reword question #6 so that it doesn't end in a preposition?

8.) Why don't you get back to work, Andrea?

xoxo

8 comments:

malevolent andrea said...

question #9: Why is the formatting of this post fucked and why won't it fix when I edit? Grrrrrr.

malevolent andrea said...

Okay. Finally all bettah.

Craig H said...

"To what does the 'warrior card' sent to me from PF Changs entitle me?"

;-)

(I hope it's those spicy green beans, too).

malevolent andrea said...

And you didn't even nail me on the hilarious typo I just caught and fixed! :-) :-)

Uncle said...

Maybe you can get unlimited supplies of alcohol if you can stay astride the concrete horse.

For what it's worth, my dad was contrite after his first stroke. He got over it though...benefit of loss of short-term memory.

Jean said...

"Maybe you can get unlimited supplies of alcohol if you can stay astride the concrete horse."

For real? 'cause I've got a Warrior Card, too, and I don't need to start with a drink to get up on one. (aren't they usually in pairs? c'mon, Andrea, one for you and one for me).

I think you get free lettuce wraps. Which means you can not feel bad when you buy yourself a drink.

Re: #2, don't believe him until he's also accepted Jesus as his personal savior. Or not at all. Unless it was good to hear.

malevolent andrea said...

Uncle, if Jean and I are arrested for climbing on the horses, it'll be on you. But it'll be something else you can repent when you come outta a coma, so there is that!

Uncle said...

Dayyum! I'm an accessory again??