Sunday, October 25, 2009

in which i use the word "really" many times

1.) Consumer complaint #437: It is really, really hard to find string for sale. I need it to tie up my (mandatory!) cardboard recycling and the last time I ran out, I remember looking through every single aisle of a big CVS and a Target without success. Now that I'm getting close to needing more, I can't remember what store I finally found it at. Probably the evil WalMart, and my PTSD from going in there is what's preventing me from remembering.

2.) Praise for Mother Nature: The foliage is really, really, really beautiful this year. I just went for a walk around the neighborhood, doing a few little errands, and the trees by the pond and, really, all the streets around here are stunning. Of course, I hasten to add, I have no idea if this is holding true everywhere because, sadly, around my neighborhood is the only place I've looked at foliage.

(You know how when you break up with someone--not the kind of breakup that involves restraining orders or lawyers, rather the kinder and friendlier kind of breakup--and you know it's for the best that you parted, but you still look back at parts of the relationship with nostalgia and fondness? Well, every October that we were in any way "together", my ex-whatever-he-was-to-me and I would take a weekend when we both could get free and we thought the foliage would be good and go hiking somewhere pretty. Then one of the nights we'd do something Halloween-related, like go to the late, lamented Spookyworld, because, y'know, favorite holiday. Some years the color would suck, some it would be gorgeous. Some years we'd miscalculate near-peak. And in one extremely memorable year, it rained torrentially the whole weekend and the only motel we could get was a pit. I have especially fond memories of that weekend, heh. But those October trips were pretty much all some of the best times I've had in my life. Always so much fun. In any case, my little walk around today made me think about that. A day *just* like today out in the Quabbin would be fabulous, no?)

3.) Evil Kitty update: She has not yet (to my knowledge, but god knows I could always be surprised) pooped or peed anywhere she's not supposed to since I've been cleaning "her" room. I have not yet completely washed everything down in there with the aromatherapy cleaner, but I've done enough that I think if she was going to be put off by it, I'd know by now. I think.

xoxo

4 comments:

Uncle said...

String: try hardware stores and ask, because it won't be in an obvious place.

malevolent andrea said...

Like old timey neighborhood hardware stores or would like the Home Depot have it too?

Anonymous said...

I was going to suggest Home Depot myself. I wouldn't be surprised if they have it.

Or a stationary store. Staples, etc?

Uncle said...

I know my local Ace has string...and that's a cross between Home Depot and old timey, with a lot less floor space to hunt through ;)