Saturday, October 17, 2009

brrr, kids

Today I am wearing kneesocks and, for the first time this fall, the infamous avocado wool scarf that as you all know becomes pretty much a permanent part of my neck from October through April. I am not complaining, though. This is damn good sleeping weather. Though, frankly, on benzos, all weather is good sleeping weather. (You heard it here first.)

But the cold weather and the realization that it is in fact the middle of October leads me to ponder that, sadly, because of my mental upheavals, I am not even excited for my favorite holiday of the year this year. I don't even think I will have a Halloween costume. I have my little Pier 1 ghost sitting here on my work computer, but that has been the extent of my decorating. I don't even *know* where my skull necklace is. Sigh. I've got two weeks to rediscover my sense of child-like wonder and I don't see it happening.

But as a wee step in that direction, I give you:



Kittens in Halloween costumes! Even depressed people gotta smile at that, right?

xoxo

3 comments:

malevolent andrea said...

I realize in retrospect that the kitteh should have a sword. If only he had a sword, perhaps my faith in the goodness of the universe would have been restored.

Ha!

crispix67 said...

Awww! Just look at his eyes and youll forget all about that sword. So cute!

Just the thing to break me out of my pity party Im having today.(money- need to save to pay off a ticket and for a new(er) car-feeling sorry for myself because I cant go do something I want to do today) *sighs*

malevolent andrea said...

Props for saving the money you know you need to save, though, and not going for the immediate gratification.