Sunday, October 25, 2009

evidence

Proof I haven't been bullshitting you. I've been working my ass off!

Two boxes of miscellaneous stuff for donation to the Epilepsy Foundation on Wednesday:



Many boxes of books being picked up on Friday:



And now for the infamous cat box office. I wish I'd had the balls to take a before picture. It was truly horrifying.

Anyway, looking in from the doorway. This is an L-shaped little room. Note the broken vacuum cleaner next to the ironing board. That's one of the things I need the gotjunk guys for.



My very first ever computer desk and chair. My ex-husband gave it to me when I bought my first PC in 1994, at a time when he wasn't being a complete and total dickhead. Notice the cardboard recycling stacked on top, all ready to go. (Don't be too impressed though. There are plenty of more boxes stashed away that I haven't dealt with yet.) And, yes, that *is* an iron-shaped burn on my ironing board cover!



Where the magic happens:



The bottom of my bookshelves in there. It's actually the incredibly cheap particle board "entertainment center" my ex and I bought when D was born. (But it's lasted over 20 years, yo.) Also note my encyclopedias, the only thing I have ever in my life bought due to telephone solicitation. (I was on maternity leave. I was getting about 4 hours sleep a night in hour and a half stretches. I was so sleep-deprived I would have fucking agreed to anything. Srsly.)





Top of the bookshelves. Note the broken printer serving as a decorative object. I might try to sneak it out in the midst of my trash at some point.



That is all!
xoxo


2 comments:

Uncle said...

By magic, I assume you mean the wonderful process by which perfectly decent-smelling cat food is transformed into cat crap and kitty piss. EK should feel privileged to have such a room for personal functions, although WTF was anyone thinking when they created that space? I should talk...my house has a couple just as odd.

malevolent andrea said...

You see my point! Architect on concaine is my best guess.

Over the years I've become convinced that this "room" is actually meant to be some sort of very large utility closet. My evidence for that is that the floor in there is vinyl, unlike the rest of the upstairs which is carpet except for the (tile) bathroom. Also, there's only one electrical outlet and no phone jack. The lack of a phone jack was a big problem with using it as an office when we first moved in. No high speed internet and wireless routers in 1995 :-)