Monday, March 23, 2009

not so ringing endorsement

I walk into our reception area and one of my co-workers says, "Andrea!"

"Yes?"

"Did you dye your hair?"

"I did."

"I can tell. It looks darker." Pause. "It looks nice, though."

I think, from my many years of experience, that that's girl-speak for "oh, what the fuck did you do to yourself?"

I think it looks kinda awesomely shiny myself, plus I'm really, really sick of having to touch up my roots every three weeks or so, so darker (i.e. nearer to my now-natural color) is better. I do know, however, in my grad pics from 2007, which is the last time my hair was this dark, I looked awfully tired and old. So the jury is out.

In another not-so-ringing endorsement, I bought a couple two-packs of the seamless microfiber underwear I like from Target last week, and out of the four pairs, one is significantly smaller than the other three. WTF? I mean, I know this is cheap garbage and you get what you pay for, but do they have *no* quality control? Are those little underaged sweatshop workers that bad at their jobs? Sigh.

xoxo

3 comments:

Craig H said...

I love your hair darker. And microfiber underwear, too, for that matter. Pictures? ;-)

Uncle said...

So, the only picture I've ever seen of you...indeed the only time I ever saw you (across a room too crowded for introductions)...your hair was dark. Sounds like a good idea to me! It does make me wonder why it is more socially acceptable for women than men to tint their hair.

I'm sure Mr.Barma wants pictures of your hair....

malevolent andrea said...

Now that Mr Barma's seen the whole shebang in person and given it the thumbs up, I'm keeping my hair this color :-)