Thursday, March 26, 2009

nonstandard ingredients

The "girls" were ordering lunch today from someplace I've had sandwiches from before, but because I had a muffin for breakfast at like 9:30, I just wanted something light. So I got a Caesar salad.

It arrived with mushrooms on it. Which I had to pick off. Do you not think a person should be able to order a common foodstuff and have it arrive without weird adulterations? Caesar salad: romaine, croutons, cheese, maybe anchovies, Caesar dressing. That's it. No mushrooms. No black olives (which this also had--I like me some olives, but they don't belong in a Caesar salad either, sorry.)

Stop the madness.

xoxo

5 comments:

Uncle said...

So is it just a matter of principle here, defending the purity of the Caesar salad, or do you share my offspring's feelings toward what she calls "fungus?"

malevolent andrea said...

I agree with your daughter :-)

Uncle said...

At least mushrooms don't stare back at you, unlike anchovies.

Craig H said...

There's a special place in hell reserved for cooks who do not ensure there is always bacon in their clam chowder...

malevolent andrea said...

How 'bout salt pork? Is that close enough to bacon to count?