Wednesday, December 3, 2008

o hai

As they say.

I have not yet recovered from my shitty, shitty Thanksgiving mood, and the general incompetence and maleficence of just about everyone else in the entire world (excluding *you*, of course, blog readers--well, most of you) is just stressing me out more. God, do I hate everyone.

Want a rundown? Oh, fuck you, you're getting one anyway. (That's a joke, for those of you who are, rather than incompetent and maleficent, slow.)

Let's start with JCrew customer service and/or Eastern Bank, since I'm not sure who exactly is at fault in this particular set of circumstances. Remember I told you I got a great online deal from Garnet Hill Thanksgiving night? I paid that, as I pay for everything, with my Mastercard debit card. No problem. Friday morning I ordered something online from JCrew, also at Thanksgiving sale prices. I go out Friday afternoon and evening and use my debit card at Borders and at Homegoods, again with no problem. I use my debit card for groceries Sunday. Monday pm at work I get email from JCrew saying my order cancellation has been processed. WTF? I call them. Customer service girl says, oh, my item is out of stock. (Email says nothing about that.) Oh, do I want to reorder it, because it'll be back in stock December 12? Sure, at the sale price, please. She tries to put it through and says my debit card is being rejected. WTF? Do I want to put it on another card? No. Fuggedaboutit. I leave work, go directly to the ATM, take out $60 cash with no problem and confirm that Eastern Bank knows I have well over $6000 in that account. Tuesday I call the bank. The nice customer service guy sees that it had happened and has no idea why. Plenty of money in the account, no restrictions on the account, used my debit card both immediately before and immediately after with no probs. No idea. "Call us *while* you're trying to use the card if it happens again and we'll put it through." Um, thanks?

Next. Oh CVS how I hate you. D's visiting nurse leaves me a note last Wednesday saying he needs his 25mg clozaril refilled. I know I picked up both the 25 and the 100 mg on November 10, with a month's supply, but I take her word for it. I try to call in both yesterday, so I'd have them for her today. (She comes every Wednesday and helps him organize his meds for the week.) I go to CVS after work yesterday and a.) those incompetent morons at his clinic have not forwarded the bloodwork form (what else is new?) even though I faxed them Monday and b.) it's too early to refill those prescriptions anyway. Okay. I leave D's nurse a note saying I couldn't get the 25 mg b/c it was too soon. I come home today to find a note back from her saying he only has the 25mg until Saturday. That means CVS shorted us 5 or 6 pills last month. WTF? Now I need to count them before I leave the fucking pharmacy? HATE.

Next. Remember the Sunday before Thanksgiving I told you I ordered my first Xmas present online? Well, I cannot go into details about the merchant or the item, but lemme just say, they sent me confirmation email saying they'd email me again when it actually went into the mail (USPS). Well, it occurred to me the other day, like Monday, that I had not heard anything from them. No shipping email. I go onto their site, sign in, and tracking tells me it's been mailed. But not when. And here it is Wednesday and I haven't gotten it yet and, of course, no email from them. I suppose I need to call their customer service, but frankly, the agita that's going to occur when I find out my small but expensive item has been lost by the Post Office, delivered to the wrong person (one of my probably-larcenous soccer mom neighbors, frex) who kept it, or not actually mailed at all despite what they say is making me put it off.

The only person I am pleased with at this juncture is my soon-to-be acupuncturist Marcy whose customer service skills so far have been excellent.

I did just drop off five items of clothing to my regular, and usually stellar, drycleaner. Want to take bets they lose one of my sweaters this time?

In closing, everyone sucks.

Bai.

xoxo

P.S. I also have to hire an electrician to put in my chandelier and I'm really scared to do that at this point. I had this guy I was gonna call today but now I'm gonna wait a week or so. If my dining room doesn't look pretty for Christmas, too bad.

7 comments:

Craig H said...

Does Marcy know that you're most likely best not to be left alone near the sharp objects while she's otherwise practicing her art? (And I hope you're getting the full maxibustion treatment!)

You haven't been traveling armed to any shopping malls lately, have you? Seems to be a bit of this going around...

You know my prescription--I think ukulele's might still be on sale at Guitar Center, though then it occurs to me you'd have to run the gauntlet again with your debit card, and we all know where that leads...

Uncle said...

I was gonna say something about Marcy getting the point, but never mind.

And I so do not want to know about the ukelele.

Craig H said...

It's really very simple--it's my postulated theory that no one can be unhappy that has a ukulele in their hands. (Though I'm not sure I'd want to trust my good one in Andrea's while she's in her state--we can use the $35 Hilo for that). "Tiny Bubbles...."

Uncle said...

I have a aluminum baseball bat in the cellar that could probably be an indestructible source of happiness under the present circumstances.

We feel your pain, of course, Andrea, but none of us could ever resist a setup line.

malevolent andrea said...

I particularly find it so reassuring when the people at the financial institution that has the totality of all my funds (other than, of course, that theoretical money in my raidly tanking 401k) in the world go, "Huh. Gee. That's odd. Can't imagine why that happened. Hmm."

I mean, the pharmacy techs who can't count, the online merchants who apparently have no idea if, when, how, or why they've either cancelled or fulfilled your order, and the clinic staff too lazy to operate a fax machine are just gravy. Ukuleles, baseball bats, and/or Marcy are, I'm afraid, probably not powerful enough to diffuse the engendered crankiness.

malevolent andrea said...

On the plus side, I'm sure when I get moxibustioned it'll provide good blog material and, if my job is to entertain you all, at least someone in this freakin country will be doing their job correctly.

malevolent andrea said...

And in follow up, CVS did not screw up this evening and I got the item I was waiting for in the mail--though still no email saying it was shipped.

So barring any more problems with my debit card, that particular set of problems has been resolved.