Sunday, December 21, 2008

i gotta stop watching tv

Really, I was gonna go out and do a bunch of things today, but it's snowing like a bastid. So, instead, I've got ESPN news on, and you gotta know what kind of commercials *they're* showing the weekend before Christmas, right? "Buy this for your wife/girlfriend, moron, if you wanna get laid any time before next Easter." The sad thing is, I think some guys fall for this, and thus many women end up with a bunch of ugly, ugly jewelry that they then feel obligated to give head for. Or something. I'm not quite sure how normal people behave, but I've heard rumors. Anyway.

This particular commercial for Kay Jewelers (or the like, I dunno, I don't pay that close attention) shows a guy with an apparently deaf girlfriend, apologizing for his lack of sign language proficiency and saying he's learned a new sign. "Merry Xmas." And he gives her a hideous Kay Jewelers diamond necklace. And she's thrilled, of course. She signs back something that I guess is supposed to be "I love it" or "I love you" (but which if anyone at the ad agency had half a sense of humor would really be "I am *so* giving you a blowjob tonight" because I'm sure all the deaf viewers at home that caught it would be laughing their asses off, not writing indignant letters of protest. Probably.) So, yeah. I'm thinking this is kind of weird. I guess I'm supposed to assume she's one of those deaf people who reads lips really well and can speak, and therefore they've been able to communicate really well all along and carry on a relationship to the point where they're in love and it's appropriate for him to give her a present like that. Whereas my first thought is, wow, he admits first he can barely speak to her, then gives her an awkwardly expensive awkwardly romantic (ugly) gift. That's kinda stalkerish.

I know, I know. I'm just jellus no one's giving me ugly diamond necklaces. And I should go shovel.

xoxo

addendum: I realize there's been an awful lot of mention of oral sex in here lately. I'll stop that *right now*, 'k?

2 comments:

crispix67 said...

Oh,but why stop? LOL...oh yeah...the PG rating.

Well..Im jealous of all the houses with bunches of cars parked in front, families gathered...prolly having a grand ol dysfunctional time..but at least theyre together.

*sighs* even got a twinge of homesickness over a damn Missouri license plate today. Geezzz

malevolent andrea said...

I get that too. Envious of the people with the big close-knit families to get together with over the holidays, even though *I know* half of them are wishing they could be somewhere else.

Or when I've been in a long distance relationship or no relationship at all, I've gone out on Sunday afternoons and been filled with such acute loneliness looking at the couples out having brunch, shopping, etc etc. And even if I would try to rationally remind myself that a good percentage of those couples were miserable together, bored with each other, resentful, cheating, whatever, it just would not help. I dunno.