Tuesday, December 30, 2008

last grammar rant of the year

There's this poster I see on the T all the time. It's for one of those "women's health clinics" and my eye is always drawn to it, because the very pretty young Hispanic woman on it reminds me somewhat of our little receptionist who thinks she's a MILF even though she's all of 25. Not that the model and our receptionist are identical twins or anything, but there's a similarity to their faces.

So, anyway. This poster always catches my eye, and I am always annoyed by it. Why? Well, the poster tells me, in English and in Spanish, that birth control is: Confidence. Freedom. Affordable. The fact that there are two nouns and then an adjective in that series just drives me insane. That's some bad writing right there. Sigh.

And then I try to rewrite it in my head and I can't think of what noun would properly replace the "affordable." So I guess I shouldn't throw stones at their copywriter.

It still annoys me.

xoxo

No comments: