Friday, November 21, 2008

media report report

I got my EW today, surprisingly, since it doesn't usually come till Saturday, and now you're gonna have to hear all about it.

First of all, "the 50 sexiest movies ever." Now, I know, these things are totally subjective and in this case has more to do with individual taste and, indeed, fetish than even the usual "best of." I mean, a quick perusal of the list shows it to be top-loaded with girl-on-girl action, which...yawwwwnnnnnn. But even so, Unfaithful only #27? Are you kidding me? Not only is the sex in the stairwell scene so scorchingly hot I *dare* you to watch it without getting aroused, but Diane Lane looks so beautiful throughout, lit in such a way that she glows, and thus it strikes me as breathtakingly honest. While we non-Hollywood chicks do not have the benefit of cinematographers following us around, we do in fact glow in a certain way when we have had exceptional sex. Help me out, ladies, it's true, isn't it?

Then, a couple book reviews:

Disquiet by Julia Leigh. "...fleeting, indelible images of not-quite-horror, barely explained, one after the other." Dude. I know I'm always saying "I could write that" in here, but I think I *have* written that. But none of it was ever reviewed in EW. I should probably read this book though. In a comfy chair at Borders, because I'm not paying for a novella.

Love Junkie by Rachel Resnick. "...the sexually obsessed Resnick, who sought the constant validation of abusive men. Resnick, who calls her addiction 'lethal,' says she gave into anything that would please her partners, even if she knew it would be emotionally damaging..." Oh, please. This sounds so familiar. Does anyone want to guess what her screenname was You Know Where? Ha! Who knew you could get a book deal from that, not just cyber hugzzzzz? I should probably read this book too, just to see how much it alternately pisses me off and cracks me up. (Have I mentioned lately that I think the whole concept of "sex addiction" is bullshit? Consider it mentioned!)

And finally? I'm sorry, it's not the long awaited Guns N' Roses album, it's just Axl. You have to have at least two core members of the original band for it to be, in fact, the same band. I have spoken.

xoxo

2 comments:

crispix67 said...

Don't believe Ive seen Unfaithful...but I can attest that women do glow after execptional sex. Yes, I still remember what thats like..though the memory is fading fast...*sighs*

Please, PLEASE tell me that Don Juan DeMarco is on that list! No, not only because Johnny Depp is in it being his sexy self...but because of the restaurant scene where he um...makes love to the ladys hand with his mouth. O...M...G...!! lol

Ooops..hope I didnt ruin your blogs PG rating with that. ;)

I don't even know why Axl is even trying to *be* Guns n Roses.Dude...ya cant tell us youre gonna put out an album for more than 10 years.More like..15 I think. Anyways...why not just be Axl?? Youve got, or you had the pipes to support it...and your name alone will sell at least gold status, dude.

JMHO. From one who listened to Appetite faithfully for years, and still thinks it is one of the best rock albums ever made.

malevolent andrea said...

I don't think Don Juan DeMarco is on their list (I'll have to check when I get home) but it's going in my Netflix queue :-) :-)