Wednesday, November 19, 2008

i promised you content

And yet, there is none. How about some random remarks instead?

I'm reading Obama's first book. I'm sure you've probably heard the quote by now, but some commentator remarked that he's the first president since Wilson to have a prose style and the first president since Grant to have a good prose style. I know nothing about either Wilson or Grant's writing abilities, but, yes, Mr Obama can write. And, better yet (for the sake of our country, anyway), I'm finding that he seems to have a remarkable facility for self-reflection. Take it from me: that doesn't necessarily keep you from doing stupid shit, but it does tend to keep you from doing the same stupid shit over and over and over again. That's probably not a bad thing for, y'know, the leader of a major world nation.

I also (and, sadly, this is the major if not only thing I accomplished today) have decided on a paint color that I could use both upstairs and downstairs without clashing with anything or resorting to barely-off-white. It's called chai latte and it's exactly the "very warm-toned tea with cream in it" color (as per the name, duh) I had in my head for my massage room and new guest room, plus I think it would look great with my new dining room drapes plus *whatever* new furniture I get for the living room when I can afford same.

And if you haven't seen this video yet:

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/11/19/roomba-cat-goes-for-a-ride/

you must have been under a rock today, because it's been linked to everywhere. Understandably. It's great.

xoxo

No comments: