Saturday, November 8, 2008

don't fuck with my craziness pt2

I don't even wanna admit to you all what I just spent two hours looking at online, but it's fair to say the crazee is back full force. And this after a lovely night's sleep last night which should have quelled any "omg what if they're wrong and I do have scabies after all" and "omg what if my house is infested with bedbugs (despite not having stayed in any hotels for, now, literally years, and not having brought in any new used furniture)" kind of thoughts. Can we rewind to a couple weeks ago when I was happy happy unaccountably happy, please?

I know that part of why my anxiety is kicked in full force is that those morons at D's clinic screwed up the sending of the blood work form to the pharmacy again, so I couldn't pick up his clozapine tonight, and am anticipating many frustrating and angry phone calls Monday as I fight with them to do it by the end of the day, before the holiday Tuesday. Freaking out about one thing only leads to freaking out about other things. I'm really tempted to take an Ativan.

But here, for your viewing pleasure:



This guy's rash looks almost exactly like my rash, though his is on his chest obviously and mine's on my lower abdomen. And his is shingles. I wonder if you can have shingles that *isn't* extremely painful? One of the things I read about it is that anxiety can be a symptom during an attack. They didn't specify if the anxiety was actually caused by the neurological process of the varicella itself or if it was all due to people either being in pain or thinking they had parasitic diseases. Sigh.

xoxo

4 comments:

crispix67 said...

Not wanting to feed your "crazee" but, yes, you can...I had it years ago, just a rash similar to that, and some mild abdominal pain.

I went to the doc for a physical..and he said how long have you had this rash? It had just been a few days..and at that time I was breaking out from lotions and elastic and weird things, so I didnt think anything of it. He started me on Zovirax or some similar antiviral med..and it was gone in a week.

Might be worth calling your doc again. Theres a test they can do where they scrape your skin and look at the cells under a microscope.

Good luck. And...instead of Ativan, drink some Tension Tamer tea...and do some deep breathing.

Hugs

crispix67 said...

shoot..forget to send a link Id found: http://www.umm.edu/dermatology-info/zoster.htm

malevolent andrea said...

Thank you, that's very helpful.

I think I need to go back to the MD tomorrow anyway, because I'm pretty sure I'm having an allergic reaction to the Bacloban they put me on. My face is flushed bright red and hot and I've got a very fine rash on my legs that's totally different from my other rash (ha!) If I remember correctly, this is exactly what happened fifteen years ago when I had a reaction to Bactrim, except then my fine rash was on my forearms.

In anxiety news, L and I went to a huge craft show today, then out for Mexican, partly as an early Bday celebration for me, partly to take my mind off my freaky skin condition, and partly to discuss some stuff we had to discuss anyway. May I just say, tequila is an excellent anti-anxiety medication :-)

crispix67 said...

OK...maybe next time I will put some tequila in my Tension Tamer tea. Double the help, right? LOL