Saturday, November 22, 2008

let's complain

...about shit we cannot change.

1.) The weather. I'm sorry, but it's too freakin early for it to be this cold. I left for work this morning wearing my down jacket, a scarf, gloves, and a hat. No. I am vehemently opposed to wearing a hat before Thanksgiving. In fact, before January. However, when I left for work Friday morning sans hat or scarf (though wearing a turtleneck that fairly well swallows my head), my ears seemed headed for frostbite in the fifteen minutes I was waiting for my bus. (Oh, note to MBTA: run on time, you bastards! Kthx.) So a hat it was.

2.) Shoddy Gap merchandise. This sweater I'm wearing today? A pretty color, warm, soft, machine washable. Except when you do wash it, it leaves pretty heather-plum colored fuzz all over every other garment in the load. And it pills. I've come to terms with the fact that a $15 or $20 top from the Tarzhay is gonna either fall apart or look like shit after about the tenth time you wash it, if not before, but garments from stores like the Gap that cost $40 or $50? No. Everything I've bought from them over the past two years, other than jeans or other casual pants, has been crappy, crappy quality. They're getting no more chances from me. I'll still buy jeans there because they tend to fit my body well, but that's it.

3.) Lack of captioning. I put the first season of Brotherhood in my Netflix queue, and I finally got around to watching some of the first DVD last night. It's more or less a cross between The Sopranos and The Wire--one brother's a state pol, one's a mobster--but set in Rhode Island, so we got the local angle too. Well, there are no subtitles/close captioning on this DVD. I *like* my captioning on a DVD, especially in these kinda intricately plotted TV shows, where you wanna make sure you get all the dialogue. So, fuck you, Showtime.

4.) And speaking of that, I have to watch the first episode over, because I really couldn't keep track of which character was which a lot of the time. I mean, I know they're all youngish-to-middle-aged Irish guys from the hood, but that doesn't mean you can't cast them with actors who have some kind of recognizable physical difference from one another. Neck tattoos, something.

Okay, that's all I've got. How 'bout some more cat video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvo-g_JvURI

xoxo

No comments: