Sunday, February 17, 2008

suzi orman

I've never really watched her, but since D fell asleep on the couch with the TV on and I was too lazy to get up from dining room table and go change the channel when she came on, I did tonight.

My very favorite part was the segment wherein viewers called in asking "can I afford x?" Her answer was always "no!" with a dollop of "you bring home how much a month and have how much debt, and you think you should buy x? are you crazy?"

I would so love to have a television show on which I could just verbally bitchslap people who were about to do really stupid things. It'd be fun. They wouldn't even have to pay me. I'd do it for free.

(Though, actually, ol' Suze would probably have a problem with that particular financial strategy.)

xoxo

2 comments:

Uncle said...

But you have a blog on which you can verbally bitchslap people who have done stupid things, and an enthusiastic audience encouraging you!

Rome wasn't built in a day...:D

malevolent andrea said...

Oh, dear god, don't mention Rome. (See post above this one, hahahaha.)