Saturday, February 2, 2008

done with Deadwood

I finished the last DVD of the third and final season last might, and I am so sad that show was cancelled. So many loose ends left untied. Now, considering how many characters on the show were actual historical people, I suppose I could do the research and see whatever happened to them in real life. But I bet the truth wouldn't be as much fun as the fiction.

But, anyways, I do now have a new quote that I can use in here every time I tell you people about something stupid or spectacularly ill-advised I've done.

Morgan Earp: "I ain't shown myself to advantage, I am fully fuckin' aware."

I think, by the way, that perhaps my favorite visual moment in season three is the scene in which Morgan and Wyatt are being woken at dawn and tossed from the whores' beds at the Bella Union, and Morgan is sleeping sweetly on his side, sucking his thumb. Awww.

xoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Their might not be as many loose ends as you think.

IIRC they said at the time the producer/writer decided not to continue with another Deadwood season that they had negotiated to have a couple of two hour films instead, to help tie up some of the storylines and such. I'm not sure how that might be coming along, or if they abandoned the idea.

Given how Deadwood was one of the last HBO series that got serious buzz, it would certainly pay for them to make those movies appear.

I don't know about the later seasons, but I seem to recall that in the first season of Deadwood there was an article that said that very little of the historical characters that had been seen so far had any basis in historical reality other than name and profession... but I don't know about the characters who came on later.

malevolent andrea said...

Blogger ate my comment :-) and I'm too lazy to retype it, 'cause it was long.

Anonymous said...

And now we all--well, I--am breathless with anticipation for comment unfulfilled.