Thursday, February 28, 2008

caffeine-free

It suddenly dawned on me this afternoon that the reason I've been kind of tired and kind of headachey is that, due to a variety of circumstances, I haven't had any coffee for the past three days. And the tea I've been drinking is decaf. While I haven't been completely caffeine-free--there's been some Snapple and some (ewww) Pepsi--and while I, unlike many of my co-workers, am not the kind of person who sucks down coffee all day long, I am obviously in a wee bit of caffeine withdrawal.

My question is, since I've done this for three days without really meaning to and with no horribly heinous effects, should I just keep going for as long as I can stand it, and call it a detox? I dunno. It's a small step from there to drinking wheat grass juice, I'm afraid.

If you want to chime in with a vote, you probably ought to do so before 6:30 am, 2/29/08. Because there's a good chance I'll just go to Dunkin' Donuts on my way to work.

xoxo

1 comment:

Uncle said...

No no no no wheat grass juice, Puh leeze!! That would be a type of mood wing we might not be able to assimilate easily.

Console yourself with the notion that decaf contains small but measurable amounts of caffeine, so you can stabilise sooner or later.