Saturday, February 16, 2008

sometimes they surprise you

So, a good-customer-service story.

Thursday on my way to work I went to pick up my drycleaning. There was an older lady working behind the counter. She took my ticket, went in back, and returned. Without my sweaters. She looked in her computer. "It says they're back." Well, yes, I would assume they were back because they were due on Wednesday and it was now Thursday. "They must be misfiled. I'll have to look through all the racks." Said with less than sparkling enthusiasm to do that, y'know, any time soon. And I had to go to work anyway. So I left my cell # and she promised to call me when she found them.

When I didn't get a call all day, I was starting to get a wee bit nervous about my poor garments, envisioning them in a new home in someone else's closet, someone who wouldn't love them just the way I do. But I checked the voicemail on my home phone on a hunch and there was a message from a different woman, saying they had them.

Today I finally get down there again to pick them up. Not only were they actually there, they had comped them for me. The manager (owner?) who had left me the message was out front vacuuming and, after I expressed my surprise about this, she was like, oh, no, I certainly wouldn't charge you for that when you had to come back twice.

Um, so, yeah. Yay for my drycleaner's.

xoxo

No comments: