Saturday, September 15, 2007

WTF? conversation #3462

Usually the WTF? conversations I report in on are overheard partial cell phone chats, but today? Today, this very morning, I overheard the entire conversation and I still don't know quite what to make of it.

While waiting for their son at my place of employment, a woman is telling her husband about her recent mattress shopping adventures. She's babbling on about how nice and non-pushy the salesman was and how she explained to him that the problem was they had a really narrow staircase the mattress would have to go up and how he recommended the memory foam and blah blah. Then she says, "So he said I should just test out a bunch of them and one thing led to another." Slight pause. "Anyway, honey, the best thing about the memory foam is that it's guaranteed for 30 years, so if we got one, we'd probably never need to buy another mattress..."

And I'm there thinking, Wait. 'One thing led to another'? Is she skipping the part where she and the nice, non-pushy salesman had sex on twelve different mattresses? What does that even mean?

I am so confused.

xoxo

No comments: