Tuesday, September 11, 2007

notes from organizing the CD collection

Apparently I own a Sheryl Crow CD. For the love of all that is holy, why?

It wasn't a sympathy purchase because it predates her dating a douche. On the other hand, I also own the Counting Crows and the Black Crowes. Obviously at some point in the 90s all you had to do was remind me of Heckyl and Jeckyl and I'd buy your record. But we won't even speculate what that Rod Stewart Unplugged is doing in there. Shudder. Probably something nasty with the Alanis Morrisette above it.

In other news, I also found both my copies of BloodSugarSexMagik, the only CD I've ever bought twice, and worth, may I say, every penny. I did not find NIN Broken, Morphine Yes, or Exile on Main Street, despite having the sleeves. I couldn't have lost Sheryl Crow instead? There's no justice.

I also seem to have some very weird compilations, including a reggae tribute album to the Police, and something that claims to be "ambient translations of Bob Marley in dub." I don't know exactly what that means, but it scares me. Just a little.

Stay tuned for further dispatches on what I find while I'm cleaning. Admit it. It's better than listening to me rant.

xoxo

No comments: