Friday, September 21, 2007

men

This morning on my way to work, I saw this Hispanic gentleman. If his coveralls were telling the truth (and why would they lie to me?), he was on his way to work, too, at the dealership near my place of employment. He was a big guy, muscular, with long hair done up in one of those male top-knots.

Now, as you may be aware, I give props to men who are secure enough in their masculinity to, say, rock a pink shirt unapologetically, and the male top-knot falls into the same category. What set Mr. Auto Mechanic apart, however, was the careful row of bobbypins holding the side pieces of his hair in place. It takes a special kind of attitude for a big, muscular guy in coveralls to rock the bobbypins, and I could only come to one conclusion.

Ten inches or better. That's all I'm sayin'.

xoxo

1 comment:

Uncle said...

OK, so this is way late, but anyhow.

You can count on me for the pink shirt, but without some surgical assistance, I probably can't finesse the topknot.

Hair, right? That's what you meant by ten inches, eh? Never mind, this isn't a family programme.