Friday, January 16, 2009

speaking of that fat-free bullshit

Can I just say, I got my lab results from Monday's appointment today and my HDL is...wait for it...76!!, my total cholesterol is 197, and my ratio is 2.6, baby. Oh, and my triglycerides are 65. I go through a quart of light cream in a little over a week, use nothing but whole milk, probably eat my body weight in cheese in a year, and had red meat 3 times just this week. In other words, the American Heart Association can suck it. Fat is not bad for you.

Oh, and you'll all be happy to know, my hormone tests do not show that I am teetering on the brink of menopause, so this perimenopausal crap will probably continue on for another five years. Yay! Mood swings!

xoxo

4 comments:

Uncle said...

My numbers are a bit better, but that's Lipitor living instead of treatment with red meat and cheese.

Never mind, I get over jealous fits quickly ;)

malevolent andrea said...

To cap off my week of healthy eating, I went to Kellys for onion rings last night :-)

HDL, 76, baybee.

Uncle said...

But you still haven't had the cheese fries??

malevolent andrea said...

Oh.crap. I knew there was something I was forgetting.