Saturday, December 22, 2007

gen gap, again

We have a fairly new receptionist in my office, a wee young thing of twenty or so. She has a baby. She goes to college at night. She's hard-working and bright--she learned more about how to do her job in her first two weeks of employment than the fruitloop who had her job before her learned in a year and a half, I swear. And the other day she held court on what women over forty are no longer allowed to do.

Now, I'll qualify by saying I was not there for this conversation. (I heard it secondhand from our nurse practitioner, whose response during it was something along the lines of, "okay, you need to stop talking now.") I'll also qualify it by saying that apparently the object of the rant was her own mother, and I guess we all know that at that age you're still trying to adjust to your parents as being actual human beings. But, be that as it may, things that women over the age of forty should not do include donning a bathing suit at the beach and wearing any skirt that comes above the knee.

Ah, youth.

xoxo

No comments: