Friday, December 14, 2007

and one more thing

Just because I thought I'd go for the vaguely mean-spirited trifecta.

There's this house near my work which has had, for at least the past 15 years, a big Christmas display with, um, religious overtones. I mean to say, they hang a huge banner with a Christian catchphrase on it on the side of their house amongst the colored lights.

So when I was leaving work at 4:15 this afternoon, twenty hours or so after it finished snowing, I noticed that they hadn't even made a cursory attempt at clearing their sidewalks. This meant pedestrians had to trudge through ten or so inches of snow or walk out into a very busy main street to pass. And I was really kind of wishing I had a can of spray paint.

Because it would have been just so sweet to struggle up through their side yard and deface their little Christian banner with the message "JESUS WANTS YOU TO SHOVEL".

Wouldn't it? Because, seriously, Jesus would want them to shovel.

xoxo

3 comments:

Uncle said...

My neighbour with the corner lot tries to shovel all 200+ ft of her sidewalk (actually, her SO usually does it, but you get my drift). The SO woke up very early to see town trucks heaping snow on his handiwork. When he asked WTF were they doing, they said "we have orders to plow it on to the sidewalk." Duly noted: we elect the head of that department in this town. I think I'll do a Santa thing tomorrow and go whack out the snowdrift with my new snow blower.

malevolent andrea said...

That would be very kind of you!

Where I live, they ticket for not clearing your sidewalks (and if the local paper is to be believed, they have been enforcing that already this year), so luckily we don't have to deal with any moronic DPW officials deciding that dumping more snow on the sidewalks is a good idea. I mean, WTF?

Uncle said...

LOL...there's a christian message: JESUS WANTS TO GIVE YOU THIS TICKET.