Sunday, December 9, 2007

best hypothetical celebrity day evah

So, tripleindemnity and I were listening to Oasis yesterday and I was reminiscing about how my friend L and I tried to go see them a few years ago, but the concert was cancelled. And I was hella disappointed, not just because I love Oasis--though I do love Oasis--but because I'd really been hoping to see Liam and Noel break out into a fistfight on stage or start throwing things at one another or what-have-you. (The next concert L and I went to after that was Tori Amos, which was awesome, but which just didn't contain the same possibility of mayhem.) Anyway, this led into a story about Mr Indemnity's brother meeting Liam and Noel. Mr Indemnity's brother, as I may have mentioned before, is a musician in NYC and thus gets to hobnob with a bunch of household-type names. I get a kick out of hearing these stories. Hanging with Oasis. Playing poker with Drew Barrymore. Sean Lennon's real estate habits. Etc.

I was thinking I might just enjoy playing poker with Drew Barrymore. In fact, my best hypothetical celebrity day evah might start with poker with Drew, then watching Noel and Liam get trashed and start wrestling on the coffee table. After that Anthony Kiedis could drop by to have his way with me. Flea could wait outside and practice the bass or something, and then when Anthony and I were done, all three of us could go bowling and get new tattoos.

Admit it, it sounds fabulous.

xoxo

2 comments:

Craig H said...

What does it say about me that I'd dream of playing poker with Elvis Costello and Graham Parker? (Ok, we'd let Salma Hayek sit in for a few hands). If we could include dead celebrities, I think I'd add a Lowell pub crawl with Edgar Allan Poe and Jack Kerouac. Right about closing time, Catherine Deneuve would materialize through the haze, and ask me if it was ok if she spent the night. Mais oui.

malevolent andrea said...

I'm glad someone else has given some thought to this question :-)

I'm fairly sure that drinking with EAP would involve sucking down some absinthe. Fortunately, that's legal again; unfortunately, according all the articles I've read, it doesn't really cause hallucinations and brain damage, so what the hell's the point?

You know how they always ask that famous interview question about who you'd invite to dinner if you could have anyone living or dead, and people always say, like, Jesus and Julius Caesar and such? Wouldn't they be speaking Aramaic and Latin and wouldn't that cut down on the snappy dinner party repartee?