Saturday, December 22, 2007

everything has one drawback

I love google. Google is absolutely one of the best inventions of my lifetime. Right up there with the gift bags, even. But it, like very other freaking thing in life, does have a drawback.

I really really wanted to play Name That Lyric with you all when "if you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" popped up on shuffle on the iPod. But you just can't play that game over the computer anymore because it takes like 6 seconds to google any damn quote or lyric. That's very sad. The lyric, however, still fills me with the kind of glee that clever writing always does. So that's not very sad.

I'm supposed to be baking right now. Do you see anything going into my oven? No, you do not.

Blogging is another of the best inventions of my lifetime. It enables one to totally procrastinate while convincing oneself that one is doing something productive. If by "one" we mean me.

And, no, I have not been hitting the Kahlua or the eggnog. That may or may not be sad.

Um, merry day before the day before Christmas Eve.

xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, blogging can definitely get you somewhere...

I mean, your favorite speculative fiction lust object (ok, I know you only like him for the way he puts words together) got most of a book out of his blog... and I know he's far from the only one.

And Kathryn Cramer's obsessive blogging has led to some sort of Internet consulting gig, as well as death threats from would be Blackwater mercenaries.

So your blogging isn't procrastination, it's a savvy career move. ;)