Wednesday, October 31, 2007

...is fundamental

I just watched Alvin Poissant being interviewed on the local news about the new book he wrote with Bill Cosby, entitled Come On People. Apparently the book deals with problems in the black community such as absentee fathers, low self-esteem, and the devaluation of education.

I have no opinion on the merits of said book, but I do have one suggestion. If you want to talk about the importance of education, you might just want to put a comma somewhere in that title. Because otherwise? Dude. You're just advocating bukkake.

Happy Halloween!

xoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so disturbed by your sexual imagery that I just checked out an actual copy of the book.

I'm happy to report that, although the dust jacket is a comma free zone, the actual title page says Come On, People.

At least they got that comma in the right place, cause if not... "Come, On People" would be much, much worse.

malevolent andrea said...

I am so sorry you were disturbed, but after that image you placed in my head of Johnny Rotten's nipples the other day, I think I owed you one. Or possibly two.

Anyway! Very happy to hear it was the graphic arts dept and that no actual book editors were unaware of the disasterous implications of not having a proper comma in that title.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me about Johnny Rotten's nipples... and I'd blocked that completely out of my mind.

Time fore more blogging. :)