Tuesday, October 23, 2007

desk update

...if only because the natives get restless when there are too many baseball entries in a row and I'm not yet sure I want to talk about what I really want to talk about today.

Yesterday I washed and sanded and gave my desk its first coat of this: http://www.behr.com/behrx/act/view/products_detail?prodGroupId=29&catName=Faux%2FDecorative+Finishes&catId=18 in 14 carat.

I now have a piece of furniture that looks like C3PO, and it is so cool. I also did not paint the drawers closed (I checked this morning) so I am not as inept with this sort of thing as I'm sure you people suspect I might be. The twenty-odd hours of HGTV that I've watched since I realized I get it on my satellite must have seeped into my subconscious or something.

After I do the second coat I think I'll be better able to tell if I want to decoupage it or whether it looks awesome just the way it is. Stay tuned.

xoxo

No comments: