Monday, October 15, 2007

my immune system

For two weeks I've been bragging, especially to one particular friend who (to my POV) seems to always have some virus or another, that I have a superior immune system and, thus, I am never actually sick. As long as I stay away from bad lobstah rolls and the like.

So, to spite me for my hubris, the universe saw fit to gift me with a scratchy throat and a slightly runny nose this morning. I am totally convinced, however, that with the help of the vitamin C drops I bought today and the many cups of tea I am drinking, my immune system is going to fight this right off and I'll be just fine in a day or two. Watch!

Also, my HVAC guy is coming tomorrow, at some point (so watch for lots of blogging as I wait around here all damn day!), so I'll have heat if I want it. Though I think a cold house is actually supposed to be better for killing off viruses. You all can correct me if I'm wrong about that.

xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you think I'm bad with the viruses (and I'm much better than I used to be)--how about J., who seems to get a bad, longlasting cough everytime she gets the least bit sniffly. Sick way, way more often than me.

She just got back from a trip to LA and again is sick in bed with a ton of codeine cough syrup...

Hmmm... maybe being a virus magnet isn't such a bad thing after all.