Wednesday, October 10, 2007

addendum, correction, whatever

It occurs to me from a couple people's comments that my previous entry may have been misconstrued. Or rather, since the onus is on the writer, not the reader, that I failed to make myself clear.

No mocking of Mr Ramirez was intended. I'm a Manny supporter. I get behind the whole "just Manny being Manny" concept. I smile fondly at whatever he does and says next, secure in my certainty that he's gonna keep putting up those numbers. (I will admit that every time he's come to bat on my TV in the playoffs thus far, I do feel compelled to say outloud "How's the oblique, Manny?" and then giggle madly. C'mon. It makes my son laugh. [Yes, I realize he's on a lot of medication, but still.] Seriously, if Manny felt he needed three weeks to nurse the oblique back to health, god bless him, especially since he's resumed smacking the ball all over the park, and out of it, ever since.)

No, what my last post was meant to convey is that I see "Manny being Manny" as the mark of a deeply secure man. A man who doesn't worry much, if at all. A man who thinks all will be well--and if not, hey, tomorrow's another day, papi. Is it a coincidence that such a man wasn't weaned until he was good and ready? I think not.

We won't discuss at what age he was probably toilet trained, 'k?

(Kidding, just kidding.)

xoxo

No comments: