Thursday, October 4, 2007

what to say, what to say

I can only surmise from the lack of comments that you people don't want to hear any more charming stories about my childhood or youth, heh, and my baseball commentary today can be summed up with a peppy "yeah, baby!" I've got nothing to rant about, as surprising as that might be, no semi-amusing anecdotes about people on the T, and no books/music/movies/TV shows to critique.

We could talk about how I bought a sweater, not on sale, at BR the other day and how that apparently shows that my inability/unwillingness to spend money has bitten the dust, but that's too depressing. We could talk about how after cleaning most of the upstairs, I now have an urge to paint it in funky colors, but that's too scary. We could talk about how I missed Pete Earley's appearance at Cambridge Hospital the other night, but that's kind of bumming me out, too. We could talk about how every time I've gone to the cafeteria in the last two weeks, I've bought fries, but that's too scary as well.

So maybe I'll just say that Evil Kitty was in a fight yesterday and I think she won (but of course!) and that, seriously, I really was planning on coloring my hair tonight.

xoxo and an extra xoxo for lack of content

5 comments:

Craig H said...

So there is no free lunch, eh? No comments, no malevolent gravy train? Ok! I give! Comment comment comment!!! (And what's your prediction should Gagne make an appearance in the post season?)

malevolent andrea said...

Well, here's the thing about blog posts. Unlike cocktail party chatter, where if you're paying attention you can see your audience's eyes glazing over when you start going on about stuff no one could care less about, there is no feedback in blogging.

Thus I am reduced to seeing what provokes you all to leave comments in trying to accertain which posts are entertaining to my audience and which are putting you guys into a coma. It's an imperfect system, alas, but it's all I've got.

Because I can't write about underwear *every* day.

And Eric Gagne is still dead to me.

Craig H said...

If I ever go back to school, get my PhD, apply for a chair, and then start teaching writing classes, it'll definitely be my first precept that every woman should write about underwear *every* day.

And if only Gagne could be dead to you and that would be the end to it... The one you have to convince of Eric's mortal passing is Uncle Tito. That, and pray for more complete games from the starters!

Anonymous said...

Let me just point out that, although I do read your blog every day or three (would be more regular if you were on livejournal and thus always part of my "friends" page) and often enjoy reading what you write, it often seem so self-contained that I have nothing useful to comment.

Neither snarky, nor snide, nor... anything s-like at all. It's often actually really cool, I just can't think of anything worth adding to what you already said.

Although the underwear thing would likely get me to read on an extremely regular basis, livejournal or not.

malevolent andrea said...

I was *so* close to doing an underwear blog this weekend, and then I get this "often enjoy." *Often* enjoy? *Often* enjoy? hahahaha