Saturday, October 13, 2007

it has to be said

I'm sorry.

Eric Gagne? You're still effin' dead to me. You would think when your team is ahead 10 to 3 in the ninth inning, you would be able to watch the end of the game without breaking out into a cold sweat and feeling like you'd been punched in the stomach. But, no.

In closely related news, Fox announcers? Hate. So much hate. I spent a good part of the game muttering "shutupshutupshutup" as the inane chatter, existing solely to keep one second of dead air time from occurring, rolled on. (Why, yes, I do know my remote has a mute button on it. But then what would I bitch about?) I so miss my goofy Remdawg and his jaunty "buenos noches, amigos!" as he explains the intricacies of the SAP function to us all.

xoxo

4 comments:

Craig H said...

I could think of no one but you all through the top of the 9th. At the point where a grand slam would have brought the tribe to within 3, and I knew they'd still have a three run lead with two outs, and Okajima and/or Papelbon waiting in the wings, I could still feel your wrath burning a hole in your TV screen. Nope, that was not Theo's best mid-season pick-up.

Craig H said...

Oh, and about Tim McCarver... Yeah, he's the worst. Gagne's a skid mark on the baseball toilet bowl, but McCarver's the whole log. The worst. The fact his liver hasn't given out yet is one of the most mysterious mysteries of baseball. The alcohol-related dementia is textbook. Did I mention he's the worst? Or maybe he has Mad Cow, like Denny Crane. The worst.

malevolent andrea said...

Do you think my hatred for Gagne has reached pathological levels? Do I need professional help? Because I'm not sure being identified in my friends' minds as The Woman Who Hates Eric Gagne is exactly what I'm going for. :-) :-)

Anyway, being as I was asleep last night by the time they blew that game so very, very sadly, I'm afraid to read the sports page this morning and see who was responsible. I really cannot be filled with irrational anger towards any more relief pitchers, thankyouverymuch.

Uncle said...

The guy's problems all started because he insisted on being "GAH-nyea" rather than the good old decent Franco American "GAG-knee." With a fuckin spoon, dude!

Fox sports? You'd think they'd remember, at least once an hour, that they have an audience to talk to?? Multi-million dollar circle jerk, IMHO.

It could be worse. We could be Cubs fans.