Tuesday, December 13, 2011

people get paid for this writing

I mentioned how recently I've been getting a gazillion emails a day from retailers who wish to sell me their merchandise for the holidays? Well, I am on the email list of Spanx. You know, the "shapewear" (i.e. let's not call a girdle and controltop tights a girdle and controltop tights) people? And in my email box RIGHT NOW I have a missive entitled "It's the Most Wonderful Time for the Rear!"

R U Serious? Someone signed off on that groan-inducer?

I think this is one of those cases in which really bad advertising would actually deter me from buying what is in reality a good product. Especially when they go on to tell me that I should give myself "the ultimate gift of lift". Who the fuck thinks this is clever? I'm just...wow.

xoxo

P.S. I scared myself yesterday listing how behind I was on Christmas, so I went out and bought almost all my son's stocking stuffers. That's something, right?

No comments: