Friday, June 5, 2009

oh hai, kids, June edition

How's everyone? Your humble correspondent is just chock full o' blog topics she can't touch with a ten foot pole, or five foot Pole (ha! see what I did there?), but yet still, she would like to touch base with you all. She would also like to stop talking about herself in the third person. Hold on.

Okay! As you might ascertain, I am still in a stellar mood for reasons that are totally unclear for the most part. But let's just roll with it. My first two patients cancelled today, and I knew that yesterday, so I came in a bit later than I usually do on a Friday. This caused me to pass by one of the several--yes, several--Dunkin Donuts that are on route to my place of employment later, or earlier, than I usually ever do. This treated me to the spectacle of, and I am not making this up, approximately 15 cars in the drive-through line, such that they snaked all the way out of the parking lot and onto the side of the main road. First of all? In the time you sit in that line, you'd have had time to make coffee at home. Secondly? Park and get out. How the hell lazy are you people? Not that I'm judging. Ahem.

Next topic. I want these dishes.



I almost ordered them the other day. Really, my finger was on the submit button, and then I cleared my shopping cart. They're full price. The colors, while absolutely gorgeous in my opinion, don't really match my dining room (but does that matter?). And I don't know who the hell I'd be trying to impress with the nice tableware. And that money could/should go towards stuff that is more a need than a want, like, oh, new living room furniture or having the whole upstairs recarpeted. But I want. It kind of bothers me that you can have a bridal registry or a baby registry and then people will just buy you shit because you want it. Why can't I have an Andrea.wants.this. registry, where friends and distant relatives will feel obligated to get me stuff? Oh, life, she is not fair.

Finally, I must tell you, I have bought Great Works of Literature (i.e. F Scott Fitzgerald) and I have looked at the cover and I have read the first page. That's as far as it's gone so far. I did, however, watch three episodes of Real Housewives of New Jersey the other night when Dice K was making me nervous. So at least my priorities are straight.

xoxo

4 comments:

Uncle said...

Today F. Scott Fitzgerald. Tomorrow William Faulkner (not that this is an obsession, mind).

malevolent andrea said...

The next time you get an urge towards Faulkner, I recommend you watch reality TV instead.

Cause semi-truth is stranger than fiction. Or something like that.

Uncle said...

If it helps the self-control, I bet you can't put those dishes in the dishwasher...no matter what they say.

malevolent andrea said...

But they're so prettttttyyyy.