Saturday, June 13, 2009

hair!

So, really, I've got to do something about my horrible, horrible dry ends soon. My hair's been in a ponytail for like 10 weeks straight. But you know my hairdresser issues. They're all rude and scary or prone to randomly hacking off an extra five inches or unable to comprehend what you want even if you speak in short phrases and bring audio-visual aids, and then when I find one I actually like, they move to Borneo or somewhere in two years or less. Yes, I have issues.

That being said, do you think that if I find one who doesn't frighten me too much, these pictures of first lady Carla Bruni are straight-forward enough that I could show them to him/her, say "that's what my hair is supposed to look like," and, y'know, have my hair cut successfully?







I can see it now. I'll come out with my hair looking like Mrs Obama's.

"Ohhhhhh, you meant the other first lady? My bad."

xoxo

6 comments:

Craig H said...

First of all, anything to do with Carla Bruni is AOK with me. I even have her little collection on songs she recorded awhile back, and I even like it, no matter how much teasing I endure. Why she likes little Napoleon complected Frenchmen is a mystery, but to each his own.

That cut would look GREAT on you. And you know it. Next time you're in Shangri-Lowell, I should introduce you to Alicia. She's wonderful. And I'm betting she'd know exactly how to take care of you and your visual aids. Seriously. Say the word, and I'll introduce you. Yes, it'd partially be a ploy to further entwine you in the beauty that is Lowell, but it'd also be a sincere intention to get you what you want.

It really is the best place on earth, honest.

malevolent andrea said...

Firstly, yes, Ms Bruni is very purdy, isn't she?

But more importantly: Get.Out. Not to poo-poo your kind invitation to visit your hairdresser (though I'm kinda suspicious that your lurve for Alicia is predicated as much on the fact that she too is purdy as for her incredible cutting skills--not that your hair doesn't always look just fine, mind you) but what I really want on my next visit to Shangri-Lowell is to *hear Carla Bruni's CD*.

Will you play it for me??!??!? :-)

Craig H said...

With pleasure! It's on the iPod in the car, too. Very simple little French songs. Very nice.

And, just for the record, not only is Alicia purdy, but she has the most endearing way of leaning in while shampooing and cutting that just about makes a person melt. Not that that sort of thing would work on you, but all the best looking women in the neighborhood seem to all get their hair done there, and I have to say, speaking as an expert Skeevey old man, that their looks are in large part to do with their rockin' do's, and I know you'd be pleased.

Trust me, being a long time reader of the Adventures, I wouldn't be silly enough to risk the consequences of a bad cut that I might have had any hand in recommending. ;-)

I also hear she's a master (mistress?) of Indian eyebrow-threading, and the whole downtown SWEARS by her on that one, too. Who knew that Indians threaded eyebrows, but there you have it.

Uncle said...

I don't have Shangri-anything available, but I do have Richard, and he's closer.

I'm betting that when he leans over during shampooing, it just *might* do more for your endearment than Alicia.

malevolent andrea said...

I have two questions:

1.)Is Richard purdy? Because this is the kind of fact I need to know before I make any important decisions regarding my hair.

2.)How's your gastroc? I recommend arnica.

Uncle said...

That's a matter of taste, isn't it?
See for yourself: http://www.johnfagonehairsalon.com/hairstylists/