Saturday, June 6, 2009

more wonders

...from the historical shoeboxes of shredding!

Last night? An envelope of pictures from the time I climbed Mt Marcy (highest peak in the Adirondacks! ha!). That was August 1998. I remember being not pleased with the photographs at the time. I mean, I was wearing an oversized bright orange--like crossing guard orange--windbreaker in them, which I suppose might have come in handy had I needed to be airlifted out of there, but it was not the most attractive or flattering of all possible garments. Now I look at those eleven year old pictures and think how young and cute I was then. Sigh. Also, there I am at the top of that freaking mountain, and I am smiling at the camera as if my quads were not totally destroyed. That's another wonderment. There's also a (rare) photo of me and my ex-whatever-he-was together at the peak, so apparently we suckered some other poor fool with destroyed quads to take one while we posed.

Blast from the proverbial past, dudes!

xoxo

No comments: