Friday, November 23, 2007

you named your kid *what*?

I had a little girl in work the other day who was named Dezirea...pronounced like the (real, actual) name Desiree. I have no idea if this was a conscious choice in creative spelling or whether mom had just never seen the name in print and took her best shot. I also have no idea which of those possibilities is sadder.

But the atrocity of this pales next to my two favorite patient-name stories. There was the family in which the two brothers were called Harley and Bud. It makes me sad to this day that their mom never (as far as I know!) gave them a little sister Marlboro. And then there's my very very favorite: a baby girl named Nautica. She's just lucky she wasn't a boy, or her name would've been MembersOnly. Or, possibly, North Face.

Okay, I'll stop now.

xoxo

No comments: