Thursday, November 15, 2007

virtual andrea

I spent hours yesterday--hours!--on this site where I could make a cartoon Andrea which could then be used to print cards and invitations and stickers, etc., (for money) or to make e-cards (for free), and I was very pleased with the result. It really does look like a cartoon Andrea, complete with ponytail, huge purse, cuffed jeans, sunglasses, and even Evil Kitty as my familiar. What I really wanted to do was to make it as an avatar for my blog, but apparently to do that you need to request it from them and they set it up so it links back to them to raise money for breast cancer and you need to tell them what size it's supposed to be and blah blah and it sounds very complex, far more complex than I can probably deal with.

So! In case I never actually get it up and working as a blog illustration, but you want to see what I'd look like as a cartoon, lemme know and I'll send you an e-card!

xoxo

4 comments:

Craig H said...

Yes, please!

Uncle said...

Definitely! Oh, and you were going to share the link with us so we can go play in that sandbox, too?

malevolent andrea said...

Sharing the link would do those of you with a Y chromosome no damn good, because you can only design girl avatars on the site. Oh, you can, for example, put a husband on your Christmas card with you, but you have to choose a pre-fab one. They're in the accessory catagory. Like purses. (Are you feeling objectified yet?)

I will send you the e-card link just as soon as I figure out what your real e-mail address is. :-)(Yeah, I do know where to find it.)

Uncle said...

Ah, but you overlook that my Y-chromosome is about as straight as Tiny Tim posed on Bob Crachit's shoulder. I approve of Evil Kitty's presence, as I suppose Evil Kitty does.

One thing I love about such caricatures is how everyone is young and thin. We wish.