Friday, November 16, 2007

I am divided

Today's little news item that made me go "hmmmm" is the one about the girl (excuse me, woman) who was kicked off and/or made to change clothes on Southwest Airlines last summer because she was too skimpily clad and is now cashing in on her ten minutes of fame by posing for Playboy. I really don't know how I feel about this.

On the one hand, I certainly don't think posing nude is disgraceful, shameful, or any other -ful. And, you know, I am not now, nor have I ever been, rolling in the dough, so if the opportunity to make a big chunk of change in some way which was neither illegal nor contrary to my morals or sense of self, I certainly would take it, and can't fault anyone for doing the same.

On the other hand, she works at Hooters. And has implants and bleached blond hair. Which are, you know, cardinal signs of being a useless douche.

So, yeah. Divided.

xoxo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I took a look at the not-so-nude pictures Playboy pictures online, and, as usual, they made her look like every other heavily airbrushed, heavily PhotoShopped, overly made-up and under-costumed Playboy model.

Why do they do that? If they're just going to make every one of their models look like every other one of their models, why bother going out to pay extra for ones with some semi-notoriety?

I mean in the one photo where she's wearing her Banned from SouthWest outfit, she looks like a cute, kinda-slutty, girl-next-door type blonde with smaller tits, and not nearly so plastic everywhere else. Isn't that what people would actually want to see... It certainly is what I'd want to see, not a semi-similar blowup doll.

Of course, you missed the part of her profile where she's using her Playboy earnings to complete her doctorate in Elizabethan poetry...

Always suspected you were a looks-ist. :p

P.S. In purely research viewing of the videos on the Playboy web site, I'd say those girls should have a lot more acting lessons before they go in front of a motion picture camera... Still pictures most definitely work to their advantage.

malevolent andrea said...

Elizabethan poetry? I thought she wanted to go to law school. Where, she was certain, nude pictures wouldn't affect her future legal career at all.

Anonymous said...

Oh, is that true about law school? I just made up the part about Elizabethan Poetry. :)

Believe it or not she might actually be correct, at least about law school itself. I believe most law schools grade exactly the same way: almost all classes have a grade that's 100% based on the final exam, and the exams are anonymous, so you don't get a leg up by being the teachers pet (or the teacher's nude pinup).

And if you watched Boston Legal, you'd know that having nude pictures in Playboy would definitely enhance one's post-law school career.

Either that, or she's too dumb to realize this is a really bad idea. ;)

malevolent andrea said...

I totally believed you about the poetry too :-)