Monday, November 5, 2007

misc.

1.) Gone, Baby, Gone is a very good movie, if soul-suckingly grim. Casey Affleck's performance is amazing. No more nepotism cracks from me. Plus, the moral question the movie leaves in your mind, namely what if you do what you really think is the right thing and you are disastrously wrong?, is an interesting and important one to consider.

2.) Spent the day today with my friend S. Massages, hot tubbing, and Thai food are, all things considered, a damn good way to spend a Monday. And lots of good talk, of course. Which leads to #...

3.) More thoughts on aging! S recently turned 45 as well. We were discussing our disgruntlement with the whole concept and she said, "...and I'm almost 50." I was like, wait, no, 45 is 45, not almost 50. Though turning 45 will effectively put an end to my saying I'm in my early 40s. Sigh. But, no, I refuse to admit to being almost 50.

xoxo

1 comment:

Uncle said...

For what it's worth, I wish I was 45 again. Just take it a day at a time and enjoy the ride.

Never having seen you before your early 40-somethings, I can't really judge whether you are "losing" your looks. However, you seem to be doing way better than most of us in that department, and many others.

One vote from an old faht.