Monday, October 31, 2011

best comeback EVAH

I just had three little trick-or-treaters at my door, two boys and a girl. They were jockeying for position to get their candy, i.e. "I go first!" "No, I'm first!" Well, I filled the little girl's pillowcase first and (I'm assuming) her brother said, "She goes first every time." "Ladies first," I said, semi-seriously, and the kid goes, in a serious, aggrieved tone,

...wait for it...wait for it...

"But she's not a lady! She's a little girl!"

I.die. I.am.DEAD.

Watch out for that kid! He's got a future in politics!

xoxo

2 comments:

Uncle said...

I had this little princess (typecasting) who tired of trying to pick out the one item alloted by her 'rents whilst wearing mittens and just glommed a handful. Her older brother's aggrieved cry as they left was "*I* took just one!" He should have spoken sooner and I would have tipped him a Reeses' on the sly.

crispix67 said...

And someday, that "little girl" will kick his ass...I hope :-)

I had a great Halloween. Mr Bill-aka William invited down to his home to spin fire poi with him for all the trick or treaters on his street. His street was voted the 2nd best street to trick or treat on in Atlanta- tons of kids and adults- even the dogs dressed up. And the house decorations! OMG...full graveyards in the yard, fog machines, ghost sounds, spiders rigged to come down when people walked under them..just lots of amazing creativity!

And spinning fire poi under a beautiful crescent moon with my favorite yoga teacher...yep...it was a great evening :-)

Hope yours was too!