Thursday, October 20, 2011

yesterday, today, and tomorrow

Yesterday I stayed home all day and did some more fall cleaning. This involved removing some more crap out of the basement, spending *an hour* cleaning the microwave (I dunno what the hell D has been exploding in there, but damn), and stripping everything off my bed, including the bedskirt, washing it all, and remaking it with the winter linens, including stuffing the goddamned down comforter into the muthafuckin duvet, and then dusting and vacuuming and picking up some clutter in there. I had been doing so well keeping on top of the housecleaning for awhile, but I slipped this summer and I hadn't dusted the bedroom in way too long. This morning I woke up and I was 75% less stuffy than I usually am in the morning. Coincidence? Probably not!

Today one of our patients who had been away at college in Montreal and had what is probably going to turn out to be a psychotic break, poor kid, came in for testing. He saw a psychiatrist in the hospital in Canada who thought he may be having seizure activity and recommended he come home to MA, because there was no way the testing he needed could be done there without a nine month wait. I kinda wish M1 was around and not on vacay in Las Vegas so she could have gone on one of her tea partier socialized medicine rants. Ha!

Also today, I got email from a 60-something married Boston lawyer who wants to know if I am up for being the friend and lover of an older married man. Jesus wept. Ashley Madison--->that way. I mean, good god, even if he *wasn't* a lawyer. I'm torn between a.) ignoring it as I do all comeons from people I'm not interested in, b.) answering with a short, sweet "hell, no" or c.) asking what's in it for me. Option c.) might be amusing, but on the other hand, I'm really not mean. Only to you guys.

Tomorrow. I will write a really good blog post that isn't as boring as this one. Maybe. Stay tuned.

xoxo

2 comments:

crispix67 said...

I used to clean for someone who had me change her bed stuff every other week- including the duvet. She had a king sized bed. Im 5'1" (and 3/4"!!) I cussed the entire time I was putting that comforter into that duvet, and probably cried at least once. I hate those things. lol

Congrats on the less stuffiness. Yeah, those dust bunnies or monsters will get ya.

LOL@ the older married man comeon. Im torn between option b and c. :-)

malevolent andrea said...

OMG, I hope she paid you extra for that. Who the hell washes their duvet twice a month?!?!?

But, yeah, every time it takes me 15 minutes of struggling and cursing to get the damn thing on, I think there must be some kind of magical secret to it that everyone else knows and I don't, so I am reassured that you know what I'm saying.