Tuesday, October 4, 2011

well

My basement is too flooded for me to deal with by myself.

I called one of those water removal companies and they're gonna call me back, because they don't know when they could get here. They're kinda busy today. Go figure. The girl on the phone said I should call my insurance company and see if I am covered. I kinda thought I probably am not, because don't they always say shit on TV about how flooding is not covered by homeowners insurance?

So I called and, of course, my agent closes at 4:30 and I called at 4:31. Left a message. I'm looking at my policy effective 9/06/11 and I have "description of additional coverages: limited fungi, wet or dry rot, or bacteria coverage, section I limit of liability $10,000, section II limit of liability $50,000" I don't know what the fuck any of that means. I suppose someone who has their shit together would know, but you are all well aware I do not have my shit together. Oh! And I believe the reason I have 2 inches of water in my basement is that my sump failed. It hasn't come on at all. When I was down there, it made an anemic little noise a couple times and that was it.

If anyone has anything intelligent to say about any of this, hit me up. I could use some words of wisdom.

xoxo

2 comments:

Uncle said...

Not much to offer but commiseration. You don't happen to have a wet-dry vac, do you? They can suck up a good deal of water, but then you have to get it out of the vac...

We had a roof leak too. Double headers suck.

malevolent andrea said...

I just read your blog: water in the basement, water through the roof, and storm-caused ringing in the ears! That all sux. I am sorry. If you need a patch, I highly recommend my roofer/city councilor :-)