Wednesday, October 26, 2011

guess what i did yesterday?

Squatted my body weight for 5 reps, bitches! Okay, I squatted 115 for 5 reps, and I'm 118-ish these days, but fuckin' close enough. When I was just getting under the bar to start my last set, the 115 set, one of the old guys at the gym that I know to say "hi" to, saw me, caught my eye, and nodded and smiled. Later when I was doing what are either SLDLs or Romanian DLs (there's some discrepancy about terminology, yo) and resting between sets, I saw him heading over to me, so I popped out an earbud to hear him. "I was gonna say you're a glutton for punishment today," he said. I laughed and said, "I squatted my body weight for the first time today. I feel like someone should buy me a cake!" You know, with Happy Squatting Achievement, Andrea! written on it. And he says, "Never mind a cake. Someone should buy you a case of beer!" Oh, the lulz. Lacking anyone to pony up either the cake or the beer, I bough myself a cookie dough brownie at Coven later. Mmmmmm, brownies.

Hope your athletic and fitness accomplishments are also continuing apace! (Rumor has it Uncle is hiking like whoa and Ms Crispix is still yoga teacher training. I don't know what the rest of you slackers are up to.) And remember, if only fuckin' Lackey's surgeon drinks a little too much the night before his Tommy John's, we could conceivably never have to watch him pitch again. Someone buy *that man* a case of beer!

xoxo

2 comments:

crispix67 said...

Congrats on the squats! Yes, Im doing YTT...we're up to 12 hours of yoga over the course of a weekend. A little mini retreat. I am finding muscles I didnt know I had, either because they are sore, or because all that yoga is making my body change and my muscles more defined. I have calf muscles! And thigh muscles too! I can see my quads!LOL My guns are not as sexeh as yours though.

Maybe by December...one can hope ;-)

malevolent andrea said...

12 hours in one weekend? Holy crap!Yay for sexeh quads and calves!