Saturday, October 8, 2011

varied things

1.) I realized yesterday that there's a simple test to tell what kind of person you are. If you are in line at a store and the cashier hands you back your change or credit card and/or receipt and/or coupons and you need to sort these things out and put them in your wallet or bag, do you step to the side to do so in order for the person behind you to be taken care of, or do you stand where you are, clogging up the wheels of progress for the next minute and a half? It's along the lines of, do you say please and thank you to your waiter and tip decently for adequate service? or if you are driving and not in a terrible hurry because you are late for an appointment or some such, do you at least occasionally stop and let someone pull out in front of you? or do you offer your seat on the T to the elderly person, the obviously pregnant woman, or the parent trying to balance a 2 year old on their hip? You know, the How Rude and Self-Centered Are You? quiz. More people fail these tests than you, my polite and generous readers, may imagine.

2.) Also, yesterday. I got a check in the mail for 11 dollars and change for something I wrote in 1996. Oh, the lulz. Do you remember me telling you that I realized a few months ago that an anthology I was in years ago was on the kindle? I think this is my royalties for that. Though there was no accompanying letter or any indication on the check, so I'm just assuming. See? I'm still a real writer, goddamnit.

3.) An email that I received and read yesterday is mysteriously not in my old mail, my recently deleted mail, or my saved mail. It's just...gone. Huh.

4.) I got my new netbook yesterday. Did I tell you? I ordered one for myself that's just like the one I got D for his birthday last spring. Except his is brown and mine is orange. For less than $300, you really cannot go wrong. Now my computing is mobile again. Prepare yourself for the resumption of posts written from my bed, bitches. I still kinda want an Amazon Fire thingy when they come out, though. Although, I've heard a lot of people saying they're gonna wait for the second generation because it will probably have 3G. Not that I really understand what 3G is or how it works or why I would really need it.

5.) I have SO MUCH trash to put out after the whole basement trauma and, because Monday is a holiday, I can't even do it till Tuesday. It's all in my garage, getting stinky in there. :sad face: I'm toying with the idea of having the 1-800-gotjunk guys come out again, because I still have stuff in the basement that I can't otherwise get rid of, like two old mattresses and a broken recliner. It's muy expensive, though. :sad face again:

6.) I don't know what I did squatting yesterday, but the left side of my butt really hurts. And I thought I would share.

7.) I wanted the Phillies to win. Sigh. All my other teams won though. I want a Brewers-Rangers World Series. Let's see how that pans out.

Happy Columbus Day weekend, all y'all.

xoxo

4 comments:

crispix67 said...

I have my rude moments...usually when Im not taking care of myself, so I devolve into I dont give a shit, its all about me. I am getting better at recognizing when I am in those moments, so thats a start.

Is it your piriformis muscle thats hurting maybe in your butt? Starts at the low middle part and goes over to your hip? If so, I was told a WONDERFUL remedy for piriformis pain this weekend by one of my yoga teachers- who is also a physical therapist. Sit on a tennis ball- roll it around on your butt- on the muscle. It hurts, but in a good way. You lift weights, you know what that means ;-)

It really was a big help after a week of pain and then 10 hours of yoga practice over this YTT weekend. I am forever grateful for this- decreased my pain by at least 50%. And only took a few minutes to get results.

Hope it helps :-)

malevolent andrea said...

Oh, thanks, but no. Not the piriformis. It was localized to the outer left butt cheek, all glute medius. Very strange. But it's better now.

I wish you were still blogging. I'd love to be reading all about your teacher training!

crispix67 said...

Well...I posted something tonight...thanks for the suggestion. :-)

Ah yes, the gluteus medius. That was on our anatomy test this past weekend. I cant recall anything about it...lol Post YTT brain fog, Im gonna go with that. :-)

Yes, we have anatomy too, which I love, it was my fave part of nursing school.

malevolent andrea said...

Where?!?? Is your blog hidden? Can you email me a link? xdreax62 at aol dot com