Saturday, October 29, 2011

son, i am disappoint

So not happy with the Texas Rangers. I mean, I know, they are not my real team, they are just the team I adopted for the playoffs, but nevertheless watching them blow a World Series that they were so close to winning was heartbreaking. And now baseball season is *really* over and I have a long winter of sports boredom ahead of me. Tragic.

You know what else is tragic? The weather forecast. I refuse to believe it's going to actually appreciably snow before Halloween. I will not accept it as a possibility until I look out my window and see white shit on the ground. It's ridiculous.
Also, the heat is not going on in my house until Thanksgiving. Till then, it's sweatshirts, UGG sweater boots, couch blankets, the space heater, and using the oven a lot to warm up the kitchen.

Can I tell you another sad online dating story? I guess I have to explain the background. So, on OKC, they have all these questions that you can answer. Not only do you answer your own answer, you answer what answers you'd accept from a prospective partner, and then you rank how important the question is to you. This all allows them to give you a fakeass compatibility score with other people and for them to suggest matches for you. Well, filling these out as honestly as I could, I may have left open the possibility that I am open to non-monogamy. Which I am. Of a very circumscribed type. OKC, however, has taken that to mean that I am up for banging married guys. (Hence, I suppose, the 60-something Boston lawyer who wanted me to commit adultery with him.) Well, no, that's not what I'm looking for, but thanks anyway. I see no way to edit my questions honestly yet rule out that assumption. Probably gonna have to come out and say something in the body of my profile for those horndogs who actually, y'know, read.

But anyway, to get to the point, this guy writes to me yesterday and says in a very smarmy tone (yes, sometimes there *is* tone in email), "I wonder why our compatibilty is 80%?" So I check out his profile. He's 40 years old, he's from Gloucestah, and he's in an "open" marriage. I wonder if his wife is too! (Oh, I kill myself.) So that's what the smarminess is about. He thinks I'm interested in banging married guys too. If it wouldn't cause me untold embarrassment, I'd show his profile to Townie Girl and see if she knows him and if he's as big a douchebag as it seems. I'm sure she knows him. She's 36-ish, so close enough in age to him, and she's very social--she knows everybody. But since no one in work can ever know I have an online dating profile, alas I cannot get the dirt. Son, I really am disappoint.

Stay warm!

xoxo

3 comments:

Uncle said...

There's white shit on *my* lawn, so there must be on yours. I can't even get Spike to step into the slush and entertain me, so I'll try going out and dashing between the neuralgia triggers for exercise. Feh.

malevolent andrea said...

Hope yours isn't too bad. I just finished pushing the slush outta my walk and driveway and it took maybe 10 mins, because it's melting fast. I might have just left it and hoped for the best, but I have to get the trash to the curb tonight and I don't want to fall on my ass.

crispix67 said...

I had frost on my windshield this morning here in (supposedly) Hotlanta. Brrr. As I told Uncle on the evil Facebook..y'all can keep the snow up theah. Im not ready for it yet. As if the Universe is gonna say "Oh, Christine's not ready for snow yet this year, so lets hold off on that storm for the South till, oh, maybe February."

If only I *was* that powerful. I can manifest a way to go to YTT, but I cannot manifest fall weather all year round. Yet. Maybe after YTT ends ;-)