Tuesday, October 4, 2011

weather people, what are they good for, part whatever

Oh hai again, kids!

I left my house this morning at 7:04 and got to work at 8:28. That's one hour and twenty four minutes to go three miles, if you are counting. I could possibly have walked quicker except it would have required those fishing boots that come up to your crotch. My basement is under water and I can't wait to get home and start shopvaccing. Hopefully I can dry it out with the shopvaccing. My boss got here 2 1/2 hours after he left the house. Our other doc just got stuck in a puddle right near the hospital, stalled, and had to be pushed out onto dry ground by some good Samaritans. AAA said they'll probably be able to come and get his car started in, oh, 3-4 hours. Our nurse practitioner who lives ten minutes away, in the opposite direction than I do, called to say she'd left her house an hour before and was nowhere even close to getting here. Meanwhile Receptionist Without Colorful Nickname called to say she'd made it into town, but could not find a way to get to the hospital that wasn't underwater from where she is, so she'll get here when she can get here.

My point being, this is all way way worse flooding here than that frigging hurricane that they whipped us up into frenzy about, all from two hours of severe thunderstorms this morning. Did anyone whip us all up into a even minor frenzy over the possibility of this? NO. Which means I didn't worry about it and the fact that I was an hour late for work and my basement is flooded is not stressing me out. It's all just, eh, whatcha gonna do?

Hope y'all are warm and dry and that if you are stuck in traffic reading this on your iPhone or whatever, you don't have to go the bathroom really really badly.

xoxo

No comments: