Monday, June 20, 2011

more updates

Because, seriously, you do care about my life, you just aren't consciously aware of that. Here, lemme fill up that vague empty yearning in your soul for ya.

1.) "CJ" and/or "Nick" are supposed to be at my house cutting my grass today at 2:30 pm, so even as I type. I got an email Saturday apprising me of this plan, with a request for a $25 check to be made out to "Nicholas So-n-so." Color me surprised. They don't want cash that can be conveniently not reported to their federal government? (Even Marcy likes when I give her cash, though I am quite sure she pays all her taxes.) Maybe this is some kind of attempt to steal my identity or something, but I think there are ways of doing that which would be easier than a pretend landscaping business. Anyway, since I am in work and unable to leave that early today, I told D he would have to answer the door and pay CJ/Nick. I thought he might/would probably protest that, but he seemed fine. We shall see how this all works out.

2.) My pitchers continue in their inability to remember how to pitch--I mean, dear god, Ubaldo is making the baby Jesus cry, and Felix Hernandez, AL Cy Young award winner, has worse stats than friggin' James Shields--and yet my band of losers are 3rd in my league in ERA. How this is possible, I dunno. Apparently everyone's pitchers have forgotten how to pitch. And if you look at the word "pitcher" long enough, it doesn't look like a word anymore!

3.) I have now found the proper combination of conditioner and lots of hairpins to keep my hair from looking like a woodland creature has taken up residence in it. Even at the beach yesterday it didn't frizz up too badly. (Yes, bitches, I went to the beach yesterday. That means our lil weather problem has resolved itself too, mmm? But it was too cold to go in the water.) Also, I wore my new shorts to the beach yesterday and they were satisfactory.

Don't you feel better now? More complete? You're welcome. I love you too.

xoxo

No comments: