Tuesday, April 5, 2011

some updates and then something new

Don't you all love when I give you updates about shite you didn't care about to begin with? I mean, seriously. It's like self-absorption taken to a whole other level! Full service blog right here.

So, first update. Do you want to know how long it has been since I bought shoes? I haven't bought shoes in so long that in this morning's email I got a nice missive from Piperlime saying, "We've missed you! and here's a code $15 off $75, so please buy something." Well, okay, they didn't literally say "please buy something" but, god, some poor warehouse worker with five children and an elderly dog to support is probably about to be laid off because of me and my responsible fiscal behavior.

Second update. Here's an example of the depths of crazeeness that fantasy baseball is capable of driving one to when one is firmly entrenched in "not horrible!" the first week of the season. And, y'know, "one" is me. Shut up. I was online-following the last few innings of the Texas/Seattle game last night, and at one point when my boy Napoli was up, I was trying to figure out mathematically (don't you effin' say anything, Mr Indemnity) whether it would be better for me for him to get a couple RBIs, since I am just one RBI behind the league leader, OR whether it would be better for him *not* to, so Texas wouldn't get too far ahead and therefore when Neftali came in, it would finally get me an actual save from all his stellar pitching. The depths of geekery I have descended to make even me shake my head.

Third update. I ordered D's birthday present.

And now for something new, and completely unrelated. You know I hardly ever say anything about political or social issues in here, other than when I make fun of Scott Brown, whom I completely irrationally dislike, or when there's some kind of wingnut anti-women law being passed, or trying to be passed, somewhere. But I am going to break with that tradition and probably alienate most of you. Here goes.

It really really really pissed me off when General Whatshisface (I'm sorry, I can't spell it and my almost fatal Too Lazy to Google It Syndrome is acting up) apologized to Afghanistan for that fruitloop burning the Koran. Since when do governments apologize to other governments publicly for the actions of private citizens that they have no control over? Is there a precedent for this? That's point number one. Point number two--has the government of Afghanistan or any other Muslim state ever apologized to us for their imams calling *us* all infidels or putting out fatwahs on private Western citizens for not following an Islamic belief? Because that's just as religiously offensive as burning a Koran. Answer: I do not think so.

It really infuriates me that we ass-kiss and placate these people who are going to fucking hate Americans no matter *what* we do, as if we are afraid of them. It looks weak. It is weak. Knock it off.

Alright. I am done. Catch you later, bitches.

xoxo

P.S. Yes, I do realize one's credibility when speaking about world issues is somewhat undermined when one calls people General Whatshisface. Deal.

2 comments:

Craig H said...

Just wait until you own a Yankee during a Sox game...

malevolent andrea said...

That's perverted. I feel dirty just thinking about it.